The Office of Information Technology (OIT) offers employees the opportunity to receive on-line network services including, but not limited to, set up of local area networks (LAN) and departmental Web-sites. Services also include, but are not limited to:
- Computer hardware set-up
- E-mail and network user accounts, dial up support
- PC and Mac consulting
- Training in software applications, the Internet, and on-line pedagogy
- New media development (e.g., Web, CD-ROM, streaming video and audio)
- Classroom technologies (audio visual services)
- USM Distance Education Network
- Application development for key campus systems
- Network infrastructure and high-end computing for research
OIT Staff provide prompt response to service calls and will assist departments/staff with warranty and maintenance agreements for computers.
For more information regarding the OIT, contact 410-455-3208; or for network or computer problems, contact the Help Desk at 410-455-3838. OIT also has a web site which can be accessed at doit.umbc.edu.
For information on technology and software (including Work-at-Home Agreement for MS Office) at educational pricing visit the Bookstore website.