All UMBC employees must complete the appropriate new hire paperwork in order to be paid by the State of Maryland. All new employees are required to complete an I-9 Employment Verification on or before the 1st day of employment.
Note: The Department of Homeland Security REQUIRES that the I-9 be completed on the first day by the employee and that the document verification occur within three days of the first day of employment.
New Hire Packet by Employee Classification
New employees must complete the required documents based on their employee classification. Departments must provide the following policies to each new employee.
- I-9 Instructions – English (I-9 Spanish Instructions) A full list of acceptable documents can be found on pages 8-11.
- Substance Abuse Policy
- CHIP Notice (Not required for students)
New Hire Forms
- New Hire PAR Form
- New Hire PAR Instructions
- Direct Deposit
- Work Permit (required for minors – under 18 years old)
** Payroll System = UM, Employing Agency = UMBC, Agency Number = 360231)
Non-Resident Alien (NRA) employees are required to complete specific paperwork when they are hired and during the renewal period at the end of each year for the following calendar year.
- UMBC Faculty & Staff Pre-Hire Form
- Faculty & Staff Pre-Hire Process
- How do I request and process a payroll advance?
- *Graduate School Assistantship Information