Effective November 28, 2016, UMBC implemented a hiring freeze for all regular and Contingent II exempt and nonexempt staff positions.
Hiring Exception Approval is required for:
Regular exempt and nonexempt staff positions
Contingent II (contractual) exempt and nonexempt staff positions
Submitting a Hiring Exception Request:
- The hiring department completes the UMBC Hiring Exception form.
- The form is submitted to the dean and/or vice president for approval/signature.
- The form is forwarded to the Department of Human Resources. The request will be reviewed by the Hiring Exception Committee. Notification of the decision will be sent to the dean and/or vice president via email.
Note: The Hiring Exception Committee meets approximately every two weeks.
Positions EXCLUDED from the hiring exception process:
- Contingent I – If & When Needed/Temporary positions
- Graduate assistants
- Student assistants
- 100% Restricted fund (i.e., grants and contracts) positions are excluded from the hiring freeze process