We enhance staff and faculty knowledge and skills with high-quality, accessible training and professional development opportunities to support UMBC’s vision of becoming the best public university of our size dedicated to undergraduate education and research.
We are dedicated to supporting the campus community and being a strategic partner to help other departments meet their objectives. As a result of these partnerships, our professional development opportunities create a UMBC workplace that is efficient, effective, and a good steward of resources.
Our Vision for Professional Development
The professional development of the staff and faculty at UMBC is important to:
- make the most of our human talent and potential;
- inform, educate, and inspire people to reach their professional goals;
- create a work environment that both challenges and supports people; and
- accomplish our goals faster and easier, with less stress and more enjoyment.
Our Vision for Professional Development at UMBC
- The UMBC culture is one that actively supports participation in learning activities and the application of new knowledge and skills on the job.
- Professional development is provided in many different, easily accessible ways to accommodate diverse learning styles and needs.
- People attending our training programs learn valuable knowledge and skills in ways that enhance learning, retention, and application.