This page replaces the former New Hire page for Payroll Preparers with the most up to date Docusign forms for HR and Payroll related changes.
Many business processes changed when the campus moved to remote operations due to COVID19. The myUMBC Payroll Preparer/Approver group contains all the relevant training and updates to those business processes.
This page offers guidance for the remote work DocuSign new-hire paperwork process, DocuSign Change Pars, Remote I-9 forms, supporting documentation, pre-hire forms, reporting time (students), and FAQ’s.
New Hire PAR (Onboarding Packet) for new hires & rehires. This link will initiate a Personnel Action Request form in Docusign which will be routed to new employees (employees requiring all hiring documents).
- New hire that requires onboarding documents (W-4, MW507, direct deposit, I-9, etc.)
- Rehire that requires all onboarding documents (W-4, MW507, direct deposit, etc.)
Note: The Preparer cannot edit the form until the employee completes their data.
- This link can be used to upload the following:
- Completed Pre-hire form (Prehire Business Process)
- Change PARS
- Position Management Changes
Docusign I-9 – This form removes the 2 step process that was used for remote operations.
- Return to Campus – I-9 Information (Preparer must attach supporting documents and review physical documents for page 2)
- Mail tax and direct deposit forms directly to the address on the bottom of the form unless it is a NRA with a tax treaty.
- Do not mail prior to 7 – 10 days before hire date for new employees.
- Direct deposit forms must be typed, handwritten forms will be rejected by CPB which will cause a delay in your direct deposit.