Employee Address Changes
When an employee changes their address, they must notify the appropriate State Agencies of the change.
All employees (including student workers) must follow the procedures below for an employee address change in order for Central Payroll Bureau (CPB) to be notified of their address change.
- Log in to the Payroll Online Service Center and complete the Update Address/W4 (Tax Withholding) electronic form (You will need to adjust your Federal/State exemptions otherwise they will default)
Updating your address in the POSC will also update your address for the following areas:
- Health benefits with the State and medical vendors (i.e. Carefirst BCBS, CVS Caremark, United Concordia, etc.)
- Retirement accounts (MD State Pension, TIAA, Fidelity, and MSRP/Nationwide)
- PeopleSoft (the UMBC payroll system)
Please note: once you update your address in the POSC, it can take 2 – 4 weeks for all agencies to see the new address in their systems.
- Complete the MW507 (W4/D4 for DC residents or W4/WV/IT-104 for West Virginia residents) form AND submit to the Department of Human Resources. While working remotely, employees should send their updated tax forms (and direct deposit forms) directly to the address on the bottom of the form (Central Payroll Bureau).
NOTE: If you are a recently terminated employee, you must change your address directly with Central Payroll Bureau at 410-260-7401 in order for your latest W2 to be mailed to your correct address. You do not need to update your address with UMBC.
Other Address Changes
myUMBC Directory Changes
Visit to your profile in myUMBC to change your on-campus information (Title, Office, Department). Human Resources does not have access to update this information
Student Address Changes
If you are a student, you must change your address with the Registrar’s Office (Personal Information Update)
Alumni Address Changes
If you are an alum, you must contact the Alumni House at 410-455-3703 to have your address changed.
Please see your department Payroll Preparer to process a name change. Effective February 1, 2018 Benefits no longer requires a Benefit Change of Name/Address form. All name and address changes must be done via the above instructions.