We are pleased to announce this year’s Open Enrollment for State of Maryland benefits will be online in SPS Workday from Monday, October 16 through November 9, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. During this time, employees can enroll, cancel or make changes to their health benefits, with updates becoming effective January 1, 2024. Employees will receive alerts regarding Open Enrollment from the State of Maryland via the SPS Workday system (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who needs to take action?
- Employees making plan or coverage level changes
- Employees who would like an FSA for 2024 (Flexible Spending does not roll over)
- Employees who are removing a dependent
- Employees who are adding a dependent (documentation is required)
Employees who are not making changes or enrolling in an FSA for 2024 do not need to take action.
Tips for SPS Workday Access
- If you’ve forgotten your SPS Workday One Login password, you can request a link to reset your password be sent to you by clicking Forgot Password under the One Login login prompt.
- If still unable to reset your password, please call the UMBC DoIT Technology Support Center (TSC) at 410-455-3838, Monday-Friday between 9 AM and 4 PM, so they can verify your identity over the phone before resetting your password.
- If the TSC is unable to assist you, please call the State of Maryland SPS Help Desk at 410-767-4112, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.