The Department of Human Resources continues to strive in streamlining business processes while leveraging technology. As we continue to automate our HR system, we are establishing and implementing functionality for the automation of time and attendance, aggregate time reporting, rapid time entry and the elimination of manual submission of time sheets (including regular faculty). By implementing a time management solution, UMBC more accurately track bi-weekly hours of its workforce. Thus, UMBC elected to transition to an electronic timekeeping approach. Effective May, 2015, the UMBC campus community converted from a manual paper process to an electronic time sheet (ETS) process for the recording, approving and processing of time and leave data.
To ensure University compliance with USM policies in addition to federal and audit regulations, employees are expected to accurately complete and promptly submit time sheets while supervisors and/or time sheet approvers are expected to review and approve timekeeping records.
Below are instructional guides, videos, and scripts to assist employees with the electronic process.
Written Instructional Guides
- Guide for Employees
- Guide for Supervisors & Time Sheet Approvers
- Guide for Payroll Preparers Note: Requires MyUMBC log-in
- ETS Employee Supervisor Reports to Setup Note: Requires MyUMBC log-in
- Burst Reports for Payroll Preparers
- Supervisor Approval
- Setting Up Preferences (Exempt Staff & Faculty)
- Setting Up Preferences (Nonexempt Staff & Hourly)
- Completing ETS (Exempt Staff & Faculty)
- Completing ETS (Nonexempt Staff & Hourly)
- Completing ETS (Students)
Corresponding Video Scripts
- ETS Script (Supervisor Approval)
- ETS Script (Scheduling Preferences for Exempt Staff &Faculty)
- ETS Script (Scheduling Preferences for Nonexempt Staff & Hourly Employees)
- ETS Script (Completing Submitting ETS for Exempt Staff & Faculty)
- ETS Script (Completing Submitting ETS for Nonexempt Staff & Hourly Employees)
- ETS Script (Completing Submitting ETS for Students)