Non-Resident Alien (NRA) employees are required to complete specific paperwork when they are hired and during the renewal period at the end of each year for the following calendar year.
- Renewed annually by anyone who is not a US Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident
- Forms must be complete & accurate or they will be returned
- Citizenship Status form must be completed to determine the federal income withholding status.
- Affidavit of Compliance is required for NRA’s without a valid social security number (SSN) in order to receive a temporary social security number
- NRA must have a valid SSN in order to receive treaty exemptions
- W-4 form must have the original signature in black ink with no mistakes
- Tax treaty exemption is for federal tax ONLY
- There is no Maryland state tax treaty exemption. (Employee may be exempt if residing in Pennsylvania, Virginia or DC.)
- Review the Required Supporting Documents by NRA Classification Chart to determine what supporting documentation is required
- Review the Required Tax Forms by NRA Classification Chart to determine the required tax forms
Glacier: COMING SOON
Non-Resident Alien Scholarships – Athletic & Financial Aid ONLY
Required for NRA Scholarships that are above tuition, fees, books and supplies.
- 2020 Citizenship Status form
- 2020 Federal W-4
- 2020 State MW507 (For Maryland Withholding AND Address Changes)
- W-8 BEN (Part 2 must be complete in order to claim a tax treaty, sample form)
Having trouble finding what you’re looking for? Please try using the search bar at the top of the page, or contact our office at (410) 455-2337 to speak with an HR representative.