- UMBC Childcare Resources myUMBC Group
- The Children’s Learning Center at CCBC Catonsville
- MD Resource Page for Child Care
- Eldercare Locator – a public service resource through the US Administration on Aging
- Maryland Office on Aging – Maryland Access Point (MAP) is a statewide resource for information and assistance about long-term services and supports, particularly for older adults and individuals with disabilities.
- Tuition Remission – available to employees and their spouse/dependent child(ren); review applicable policies, eligibility criteria, deadline dates and forms requirements for UMBC and other USM institutions.
- Tuition Reimbursement – allows employees to take courses at non-USM institutions when discipline is not available. Courses must be job-related in order for reimbursement to be approved.
- UMBC Training Center – offers tuition discounts for various training and certification
- Programs to UMBC faculty and staff, as well as spouse/dependent children; review discount policy and eligibility requirements.
Other Employee/Family Personal Services
ComPsych counselors are trained, licensed professionals who can advise regular and contingent II employees and their household members on a wide range of problems – emotional illness, work life issues, relationship or family difficulties, alcohol or other drug abuse, legal or financial difficulties, and other major life or health changes.
211 Maryland offers guidance and support to help adults, teens, families, seniors, veterans, caregivers, clergy and professions find the services they needs such as:
- Basic Needs: Utility assistance, food, housing and shelter, transportation and employment
- Health Care: Health and dental clinics, drug and alcohol programs and mental health
- Family Resources: Childcare, parenting programs, eldercare and literacy, and more