New Hires will get an email alert within 2-3 weeks of their hire date or the date their were entered into our payroll system. The email alert will be from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain
Email 1: The New Hire’s SPS ID (W#)
Email 2: An initial temporary password
New Hires must use the temporary password in their initial email from email@example.com to login to the SPS Workday System for the first time.
Current employees can follow these steps to Access SPS for the first time with your SPS ID, and refer to the following Quick Reference Guide:
- Visit the SPS Workday login screen
- Enter your SPS ID (here are several ways to find your SPS ID at UMBC): bottom of your timesheet, POSC, and in YOUR myUMBC profile.
- Enter the Temporary password* made up of the following digits:
- Capital first letter of your first name
- lower case first letter of your last name
- Four digit birth year
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- End by entering $ (the dollar sign character on your keyboard)
- Create Security Questions
- Immediately change your password (be sure to remember it for next time!)
*Example of Temp Password: Jane Doe born on 12/4/1970 with an SSN ending in 1234 would use the temp password of: Jd19701234$