New Hires will get an email alert to their UMBC email within 2-3 weeks of their hire date or the date their were entered into our payroll system. The email alert will be from email@example.com and will contain
Email 1: The New Hire’s SPS ID (W#)
Email 2: An initial temporary password
New Hires must use the temporary password in their initial email from firstname.lastname@example.org to login to the SPS Workday System for the first time.
Current employees can follow these steps to access SPS Workday through the State of Maryland’s OneLogin program for the first time using your SPS ID, and refer to the following Quick Reference Guide:
- Visit the State of Maryland’s OneLogin website to enter the SPS Workday system
- Enter your SPS ID (here are several ways to find your SPS ID at UMBC): bottom of your timesheet, POSC, and in YOUR myUMBC profile.
- Enter the Temporary password* made up of the following digits:
- Capital first letter of your first name
- Lower case first letter of your last name
- Four digit birth year
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- End by entering $ (the dollar sign character on your keyboard)
- You will be prompted to select at least one security method that works best for you—a one-time passcode via email (UMBC email) or text, passcode through a mobile app on your mobile device or security questions.
*Example of Temp Password: Jane Doe born on 12/4/1970 with an SSN ending in 1234 would use the temp password of: Jd19701234$