The Office of Environmental Safety and Health is responsible for the Management of environmental health and safety at UMBC. This includes:
- Developing and implementing campus safety programs and procedures in accordance with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines;
- Developing procedures for the reporting of injuries and/or hazardous conditions on campus;
- Removing and repairing safety/health hazards and responding to individual/community concerns regarding the same;
- Developing and implementing fire protection and asbestos/lead abatement programs;
- Investigating reports of injuries to employees and ensuring the appropriate referral for medical treatment (if necessary);
- Assisting with the development of training programs to include blood borne pathogens, fire prevention, emergency response, etc.
- Reporting personal injury, property damage, and vehicle accident claims to the Insurance Division of the State Treasurer’s Office; and
- Reporting work-related injury claims to the Injured Worker’s Insurance Fund (Worker’s Compensation).
To report any work related injury or safety/health hazard, contact the Office of Environmental Safety and Health at 410-455-2918.