Retired Faculty and Staff
UMBC values its retired faculty and staff members and encourages them to maintain contact with the University as members of the UMBC Association of Retired Faculty & Staff. Here are some of the resources available to UMBC Retirees:
- UMBC Association of Retirees Learn more about the benefits available to retired faculty and staff.
- The Wisdom Institute, UMBC’s Association for Retirees: The Wisdom Institute fosters ongoing and meaningful relationships between retired faculty and staff with UMBC and the broader community.
- Benefits Offices for Retirees
- Tuition Remission: Faculty and staff who retired directly with at least five (5) years of service are eligible to receive tuition remission benefits at the undergraduate or graduate level. Benefits may also be available to spouse/dependent children. Retirees must work with HR to retire directly from the University to retain this benefit.
- Retiree Prescription Plan Changes effective 1/1/2019
Awarded to faculty and nonexempt and exempt staff based upon meritorious service to UMBC; employees awarded emeritus are allowed continued access to UMBC facilities, IT services and free admission to campus events.
Current Employees Considering Retirement
To schedule a one-on-one consultation with a member of the HR Benefits team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (typically when you are within 12 months of retirement):