Virtual Staff Service Awards
December 2, 2020, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Thank you for attending!
The Service Awards Ceremony is UMBC’s annual tradition of acknowledging staff who have given of their time, energy, and talents to UMBC and the State of Maryland. Staff members with service anniversaries starting at 5 years and in increments of 5 years thereafter are honored for their contributions in making UMBC a leading public university and a great place to work. Even though we are physically distanced, we invite you to connect, shout out, and support your family and friends in celebration of their important milestones at UMBC.
This year’s virtual Service Awards Ceremony promises to be a fun, inspiring, and engaging event. This year, we will have a raffle that requires registration by December 1, 2020, at 12:00 PM. We are excited to announce that we will be using Kahoot, an interactive trivia game to test your knowledge of the past 40 years.
Even though the event is to honor staff, the entire UMBC community is welcome to attend.
- You will receive a Google calendar invite with the Webex link to the ceremony within 24 hours of registering
- Watch here Live in Webex (password: UMBCService) on December 2, 2020, from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Kahoot General Instructions
- Instructions to Play Kahoot on your Phone
- Instructions to Play Kahoot on your Computer
- What can I expect this year in this virtual Service Awards?
- This year’s virtual Staff Service Awards will be a fun online event with interactive games, raffles, and acknowledgment of service to UMBC by Staff. The ceremony will be held virtually in Webex. Registration is required. If you register before December 1 you have the opportunity to be entered for a raffle.
- Who is this event for?
- This event is open to the UMBC community to honor Staff members with service anniversaries starting at 5 years and in increments of 5 years thereafter are honored for their contributions in making UMBC a leading public university and a great place to work. In addition, employees who earned special awards and retirees will also be honored.
- Why am I being invited?
- This event is open to the UMBC Community. Whether you are a recipient or not, we encourage you to attend to support your colleagues, family, or friends in celebration of their important milestones at UMBC.
- Can I invite guests?
- Guests are welcome! Please indicate on the registration form if you are a guest.
- If I am a recipient, how will I receive my certificate and gift?
- Recipients’ certificates and gifts will be mailed to the home address on file following the ceremony.
- What was last year’s event like?
- Whether you are a new employee or current employee who wants to take a walk down memory lane, please visit our photo album from 2019’s Staff Service Awards.