The Department of Human Resources seeks new members for the Employee of the Quarter Selection Committee. Applications are now being accepted. Members may serve either one- or two-year terms. Terms will begin in September 2021. Applications are due by July 27, 2021.
- Criteria for Committee Membership
- Apply to Serve on the Committee
- Current Selection Committee Members
- About the Employee of the Quarter Program
The Employee of the Quarter Committee will meet on a quarterly basis throughout the year. The committee will assure that the nominee meets all of the basic requirements. The committee will consider the following contributing qualities when making the award selection:
- Longevity and performance
- Contributions to the UMBC community
- Contributions to his or her department
- Contributions to the outside community
- Awards or recognition received
Criteria For Committee Membership
Selection Committee members are responsible for promoting the Employee of the Quarter (EOQ) Program, soliciting nominations, reviewing nominations and selecting award recipients. To be appointed to the selection committee, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a regular or contractual employee
- Have at least two years of service at UMBC
- Be available for quarterly meetings
- Be available to review nomination forms prior to quarterly meetings
- Members will serve either a one or two year term.
Apply To Serve on the Committee
If you are interested serving on the EOQ Selection Committee please complete the member application form. Return completed forms to:
Department of Human Resources
Note: Members of the Selection Committee are not eligible to be the Employee of the Quarter during their term in office.