Liaisons serve as a communication link between UMBC departments and the Human Resources department, and play an integral role in the coordination of human resource activities for employees in their departments.
The Recruitment & Hiring Resources webpage for HR Liaisons contains many useful resources such as:
- Hiring Procedures – summaries of procedures for hiring nonexempt and exempt staff, faculty, Contingent I, and students.
- Checklists – recruitment and hiring checklists for department use for nonexempt, exempt, faculty, Contingent I, student, and graduate assistant positions.
- Resources – valuable resources to assist in the recruitment and hiring process to include: detailed procedures, sample interview questions, sample memos, etc.
- Forms – employment related forms
- Job Opportunities – listing of current UMBC job opportunities
- Employment Staff – contact a member of the employment staff with any questions
The following links are the most frequently needed resources as it relates to Payroll Preparers and/or Approvers.
- New Hires – Everything you need to hire an employee at UMBC
- Non-Resident Alien (NRA)– All the required documents for NRA processes including new hires and renewals
- Time Entry, Leave and Security – How to obtain security access for PeopleSoft – HR and Payroll related tasks
- Forms – All forms relating to payroll processing, time entry, leave and related transactions
This webpage is designed to serve as a resource for individuals that serve in the role of HR liaison for their department in the coordination of PeopleSoft Position Management activities related to the setup of new positions and/or the update of existing vacant and occupied positions, review of position reports and funding source information for established positions. Examples of Position Management activities include:
- Completing UMBC Position Request Forms to establish faculty, staff, graduate assistant or student positions;
- Completing Classification Action Request Forms (CAR) to change the attributes of an existing position (job title, status, standard hours, fte, etc.);
- Submitting copies of Change PAR forms to HR Classification/Compensation Unit to change the position attributes for occupied faculty, graduate assistant or student positions.
- Submitting copies of Change PAR forms to HR Class/Comp Staff to correct department designations or other updates not related to the study/analysis of exempt/nonexempt positions.
This webpage is designed to serve as a resource for individuals that serve in the role of HR liaison for their department in the coordination of Classification/Compensation activities related to requests to new establishing positions, processing requests to reclassify existing positions, providing wage and salary information, and assisting with organizational design and development. Examples of Classification/Compensation activities include:
- Meeting with the Class/Comp Manager to review department organization structure in consideration of department/division position changes or wage studies for job series (if applicable);
- Working with Class/Comp Manager on identifying appropriate titles for positions based upon department needs;
- Providing Class/Comp Manager with department organization charts and other key information that will allow for the required analysis of position requests;
- Working with HR Class/Comp Manager to set up on-site visits with employees and supervisors for the review of assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Coordinating efforts within the campus department to ensure appropriate paperwork is completed, approved and submitted to the HR Class/Comp Unit for review and processing.
The HRIS webpage is a resource designed to assist the HR liaison in departments for activities relating to:
- PeopleSoft Security Access
- Leave Benefit Inquiries
- Leave Requests
- Time Entry
- Report Requests
- State Service and Leave Verifications (Employee Transfers from other State Agencies)
- Staff Achievements
- …and much more