Alternative Work Arrangements
From Telework to Alternate Work Schedules, UMBC seeks to provide employees with optimum choice of schedule while ensuring departmental services are maintained.
- Flexible Work Arrangements for Faculty
- Other Flexible Work Arrangements
- Flexible Work Schedules (Flextime)
- Compressed Work Schedules
- Reduced Work Schedules
Offers a variety of training and development opportunities for faculty and staff to include leadership, professional development, and e-learning. Learn more here.
UMBC offers faculty and staff resources for job opportunities on campus, across the nation and internationally. Learn more here.
Retirement Planning & Benefits
Whether you are seeking to make a retirement selection upon employment, change your retirement options, or considering retiring from service, there is a wealth of information available to allow you to make an informed decision.
Post Retirement Benefits
- Golden ID Program – The Golden ID Program permits eligible Maryland residents to enroll in UMBC undergraduate and graduate courses at little cost. Refer to “Tuition and Fees” section of the catalog for specific fees applicable to the Golden ID program. Applicants must be 60 years of age or older and must be retired or working no more than 20 hours a week. Program participants may enroll as degree-seeking or non-degree seeking (special) students. Applications must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation by the regular deadlines for each semester. Registration for courses is on a space-available basis.
- Emeritus Status is awarded to faculty and nonexempt and exempt staff based upon meritorious service to UMBC; employees awarded emeritus are allowed continued access to UMBC facilities, IT services and free admission to campus events.
- Continued IT Access- Aside from Emeritus, retirees may be allowed continued access to IT services related to post-retirement research, alumni services and campus organizations. Visit the Department of Information Technology for more information.